Atlanta Braves baseball is back! At the end of July, the MLB will begin play for the 2020 season. Check out everything we know about Braves baseball so far. And stay tuned for more!
Atlanta Braves Baseball 2020 Season Facts
- The season will run from July through September, 60 games total.
- Opening away game is July 24 against the New York Mets.
- Truist Park home opener is July 29 against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The Braves will play 40 games against NL East opponents, and 20 games against AL East opponents.
- Atlanta Braves Home Opponents:
- Boston Red Sox
- Miami Marlins
- New York Mets
- New York Yankees
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Washington Nationals
- The Braves will start all their home night games at 7:10 p.m. and their Sunday home games at 1:10 p.m.
- As of now, no crowds will be allowed at the venues. However, that could change!
- The Braves reported to training camp on Thursday in Atlanta.
- At least two Braves have currently opted out of the 2020 season: outlfielder Nick Markakis and pitcher Felix Hernandez.
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) July 6, 2020
2020 MLB Rule Changes
- Trade Deadline: August 31.
- Postseason: There will be 5 postseason teams per league.
- Roster Limits: 30-man roster for the first two weeks, 28-man roster for the next two weeks, and 26-man roster for the rest of the season. Teams will submit lists of 60 payers eligible to play in 2020.
- Extra Innings: Every half-inning after the ninth will begin with a designated runner on second base.
- Position Players Pitching: There is no new restriction on position players.
- Three-Batter Minimum: Relievers who enter the game must face at least three batters or finish an inning before being removed.
- Suspended Games: If a game is cut short due to weather, it will be cut short and continued at a later date rather than starting from scratch.