Baseball is back! While spectators may not be in attendance, Braves fans are there in spirit! Check out the Braves Opening Week 2020 schedule and cheer on your Atlanta Braves from the comfort of your couch.
Atlanta Braves Opening Week 2020
Check out the upcoming schedule for Braves Opening Week:
- Friday, July 24- Braves @ Mets (Opening Game)
- Saturday, July 25- Braves @ Mets
- Sunday, July 26- Braves @ Mets
- Monday, July 27- Braves @ Rays
- Tuesday, July 28- Braves @ Rays
- Wednesday, July 29- Braves vs. Rays (Braves Home Opener)
- Thursday, July 30- Braves vs. Rays
MLB 2020 Rule Changes
Due to unprecedented times and heightened safety measures, the MLB has instilled new rules for the 2020 season:
- 30 man roster for the first two weeks, diminished to 28 and 26 for future weeks.
- Teams submit a list of 60 players eligible to play in 2020.
- Every half inning after the 9th inning will start with a runner on second base.
- No new restrictions for position players.
- Pitching Relievers must face at least three batters or finish an inning before being removed.
- Suspended games will be continued, rather than starting from scratch.
Fast Facts: Atlanta Braves 2020
- The Braves open on the road against the Mets.
- Regular season consists of 60 games.
- Twenty games are on the schedule in the first 20 days- 11 of those are against the Mets and Rays.
- Forty games will be played against the NL East, 20 against the AL East.
- Fox, ESPN, Fox Sports South, or Fox Sports Southeast, will broadcast the games, depending on the date.
- Mike Soroka will be the Opening Day starting pitcher. He is set to be the youngest Opening Day starter in franchise history.
- Trade deadline is August 31.
- Five teams per league will be eligible for postseason.
- Fans will not be in attendance at games.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, extra safety precautions have been put in place.
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) July 14, 2020