Baseball is back! Since Opening Day at Turner Field is Friday, choosing the Atlanta Game of the Week was easy. The Atlanta Braves have already played their first game of the season: an away game against the Miami Marlins. And the Braves got the season started right with a win! Don’t miss our Atlanta Game of The Week as the Atlanta Braves face the New York Mets for the 2015 Home Opener.
Reasons to Attend Atlanta Braves Opening Day
There are plenty of reasons to attend Opening Day at Turner Field! Here are a few:
- There’s nothing like the feeling of the first baseball game of the season.
- It’s a great family outing.
- There’s pre-game entertainment in the form of Jonathan Jackson and Enation performing, and post-game Friday Night Fireworks to look forward to!
- There are a lot of new Braves players to see.
- Turner Field won’t be around past 2016, so you only have two more years to enjoy the Ted!
Tips for Opening Day at Turner Field
- It’s no secret that Opening Day at Turner Field is one of the best Atlanta events in April. Fans won’t want to miss seeing the newly rebuilt Braves team play their first game at home. Tickets to this game are very popular, and the game will likely sell out at the box office and on the secondary market. It’s best to buy your Braves Opening Day tickets as far in advance as possible, so you have a guaranteed seat.
- Parking at Turner Field can be tough for games like Opening Day and Fourth of July. We recommend buying your parking pass ahead of time, and have it printed and ready to go. Also, arrive to the game ahead of time to avoid the traffic which typically occurs on game days. Opening Day traffic will definitely start early!
- Tailgating with your friends and fellow Braves fans can be a great time! Make sure you park in a tailgating-friendly lot, such as the Green Lot or Blue Lot if you’re looking to have a few beers, throw a baseball or play some cornhole before the big game!
- Enjoy watching the Atlanta Braves play on Opening Day, you’re sure to have a great time!