Sunday is Matchday! Atlanta United FC returns home this Sunday to play the New York Red Bulls. The Five Stripes and Red Bulls have a bit of rivalry, as Atlanta has yet to beat the New York Red Bulls in a regular season match. Additionally, Atlanta pummeled the Red Bulls in the playoffs last year, earning a spot in the MLS Cup final. Tempers have even flared a few times between teams on the pitch. This Sunday’s match should definitely be an exciting game to watch!
Also, fans can arrive early for a chance to view the Women’s World Cup on the Halo Board at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Check out our Matchday timeline and head down to to the stadium this Sunday!
Women’s World Cup Watch Party
Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be airing the Women’s World Cup on the Halo Board! The US Women’s National Team will battle the Netherland’s team for the championship. Some of the regular opening times have been updated to allow for this special event:
- Parking Lots open at 9:00 am
- Stadium gates open at 10:30 am
- The Women’s World Cup will air on the Halo Board at 11:00 am
Arrive at the stadium early and take your seat to witness the United States attempt to win their fourth World Cup title.
Atlanta United vs. New York Red Bulls Matchday Timeline
- 9:00 am- Parking lots open
- 10:00 am- Box Office opens
- 12:00 pm- Team arrival
- 12:00 pm- Golden Spike signing opens
- 12:05 pm- Supporter’s March starts in The Gulch, through Gate 2 of the stadium
- 1:38 pm- Team warm-ups begin on the field
- 2:00 pm- The Golden Spike Arrives on the Field, National Anthem is Sung and… KICKOFF!
Important Times to Remember:
- Halftime is at the 45-minute mark
- Alcohol sales end at the 75-minute mark
- The match ends at 90 minutes, plus stoppage time
- Five minutes after the match, the Golden Spike Ceremony commences!
Tips for Atlanta United vs. New York Red Bulls Matchday
- Purchase Atlanta United FC tickets early. Many fans will want to arrive early to watch the Women’s World Cup. This can cause a low amount of last minute tickets.
- The same goes for parking! Many fans will arrive early. Pre-purchase parking to ensure a secured spot.
- Uber, Lyft and MARTA are great ways to get to the stadium.
- Tickets at Mercedes-Benz Stadium are mobile only. Ensure your phone is charged, and your mobile ticket is ready to scan on Matchday.
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium is cashless! Bring a debit card, credit card, or use Apple Pay.
- The Clear Bag Policy is in effect! Review clear bag rules before entering the game.
- Memorize the fan chants, grab your kit, your scarf… and Let’s Go Five Stripes!