ESPN’s Wide World of Sports facility is one of the most popular destinations in Orlando, Florida. Each year the complex hosts an array of events. Ranging from the Little League World Series, soccer tournaments, and a Star Wars Half Marathon. Champion Stadium is the baseball stadium located at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex. The venue is the home to Atlanta Braves Spring Training.
History of Champion Stadium
The venue opened in 1997 and was originally known as Cracker Jack Stadium. After the sponsorship ended in 2007, ESPN changed the name to The Ballpark at Disney’s Wide World of Sports. Fortunately, that lengthy name only lasted a few months.
In November ’07, Disney reached a deal with the Champion clothing company to rename the field Champion Stadium. The name worked like magic and has stuck since.
Champion Stadium Seating Chart Guide
The home to Atlanta Braves Spring Training hosts 9,500 fans. The field’s traditional design creates a nostalgic atmosphere for a baseball game. There is a lawn in the backdrop and the palm trees create a tropical ambiance.
Field Level (100’s)
- The Field Level ranges from 101-117.
- The sections stretch from the right field corner to the visitors dugout corner.
- Section 108-110 and 114-116 are the best seats in the stadium. Tickets are still affordable for premium Spring Training games.
- The Braves dugout is on the first base side. These sections include section 107 – 110.
- For fans searching for the ultimate spring training experience, section 112, row C and section 114, row B are two of the best groups Front Row Seats offers.
- It’s important to know, that section 108, 109, 116, and 117 begin with row D. All other sections begin with row A.
Terrace Level (200’s)
- The terrace seats at Champion Stadium are very popular. They offer shade from the heat and provide a great vantage point of the field.
- Since the 200 level tickets are less expensive, they appeal to groups visiting Disney World.
- Prices vary from each game and start as low as $31 to as much as $80 for the Boston Red Sox game.
Indoor Luxury Suite
- There are only four suites available at Champion field.
- Suites are limited and sell-out quickly.
- The indoor rooms are climate-controlled and are a great way to entertain clients.
Lawn / Bermuda Seats
- The lawn seats are located on the third baseline.
- They are general admission and an inexpensive way to catch the Braves spring training games.
- Often times, you can find great last minute deals on these seats.
- Fans are allowed to bring their own blankets, but are prohibited from bringing lawn chairs, umbrellas, and coolers.
Champion Stadium Parking
From I-4 East & West: Take exit 65 (Osceola Parkway West); take a left into ESPN Wide World of Sports at Victory Way and follow signs. There is a parking lot located behind the left field wall. General parking is free. There is also valet parking, that costs $20.