Atlanta United is set to play in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. The knockout style competition is the oldest national soccer competition still being played in the United States. Atlanta United will host Minnesota United at Mercedes-Benz Stadium this Tuesday. The two teams will battle it out for the chance to be U.S. Open Cup Champions, and Atlanta United will play in hopes of adding another accolade to their already growing list of accomplishments! Let’s go Five Stripes!
The Road to the U.S. Open Cup Final
- Atlanta United defeated Columbus Crew SC in the Round of 16, 3-2.
- Minnesota United defeated Houston Dynamo in the Round of 16, 3-2.
- Atlanta United defeated Saint Louis FC in the Quarterfinals 2-0.
- Minnesota United defeated New Mexico United in the Quarterfinals, 6-1.
- Atlanta United defeated Orlando City SC in the Semifinal, 2-0.
- Minnesota United defeated the Portland Timbers in the Semifinal, 2-1.
- Atlanta United and Minnesota United advance to the Lamar Hunt Open Cup Final!
Day of the Match TimeLine
- 3:00 pm- Parking Lots Open. Head to the Home Depot Backyard to join fans for an exciting pre-game party.
- 6:30 pm- The gates are open! Explore the stadium, grab a drink or some food. Head to the Team Store for some last-minute gear!
- 6:45 pm- The Supporter’s March begins in The Gulch, and comes through Gate 2.
- 7:10 pm- Team warm-ups begin on the field.
- 7:50 pm- The Golden Spike arrives in the stadium. Field Procession of teams begins, and the National Anthem is sung.
- 8:00 pm- Get your chants ready, it’s kickoff time!
Tips for the U.S. Open Cup Final
- The Supporters Section is a general admission, rowdy, first come, first serve area. Fans tend to stand the entire 90 minutes.
- Tickets are mobile-only. Be sure to have your phone charged, and your mobile ticket ready to enter the gate.
- Arrive early! There is plenty to see around the stadium and on the field before the game.
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium is cashless. Be sure to bring a form of card payment.
- Be sure to purchase parking early. Atlanta is a busy city with several events happening on any given day. It’s best to secure your parking spot ahead of time!
- If you’re looking to tailgate, be sure your selected parking lot allows it! Lot A/The Gulch and the Home Depot Backyard are great places to tailgate.
- Get ready to cheer on the Five Stripes! Atlanta United fans are “Rowdy and Proud!”
- Check out Front Row Seats for the best prices on U.S. Open Cup tickets. Seats for this match are starting at just $46 per ticket. Contact a friendly customer service representative for the best seats at the best prices, (404)633-2726.